brown

Voting Rating: 5 / 8 votes

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Name it...

2 weeks ago I went to this headache institute in Ann Arbor and after a year of seeing all kinds of doctors in the Detroit area, they were able to diagnose my headaches. To finally have a name for what's wrong with me has been so comforting. I know it may sound silly, but not knowing what is wrong, just knowing something is terrible not right is a horrible feeling. Once you name something you can than search for the cure, the answer to the problem. I am naming things, good and bad in my life right now - loved, loving, caring, inpatient, honest, emotional, afraid, peaceful. Those are just a some of the names of characteristics living in me. An I feel comforted in knowing that all the things that aren't right have cures. Naming it, it's the first step in healing.

2 comments:

Raising Cains said...

wow. that's amazing. so do tell. what happens next?

Jessica said...

Cheryl Lynne, I am on different medication which seems to be working really well. I also go to Ann Arbor every three weeks for a while.