brown

Voting Rating: 5 / 8 votes

Monday, May 09, 2011

Monday morning Holiness

It's Monday morning and I am listening to a worship album that I love. I dont really feel worshipful, but I a
going to listen to it anyway. I am working and not really paying to much attention to the songs until the singer sings "I want to be Holy" it's Monday morning and I don't want to be Holy. I want to be in bed, I had a really rough night. I want to be well, I want to be right, but I Holy, well that sounds like a lot of work. Colossions 3:12 -13 says Therefore as Gods Chosen people, Holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another... Okay, I told you being Holy on Monday morning is hard. Verse 15 says Let the peace of Jesus rule in your hearts, since you were called to peace. And be thankful. So that's where I'm starting. I'm going to LET the peace of Jesus fall on me and I am going to be thankful that his peace is available to me on
Monday morning! I trust that if I allow the peace of Jesus to dwell in me I will then grow to desire to be Holy. Friends, we have to start somewhere.

1 comment:

Reba said...

Jess, This is really encouraging to me. I haven't felt like I have what it takes to BE holy. I like the idea of receiving his peace and resting there. I agree, we have to start somewhere... I'm right there with you - at the starting line!