brown

Voting Rating: 5 / 8 votes

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Obedience

The last two weeks have been insanely busy for me. September 21st was the Detroit AIDS Walk. I have poored my heart into this event, into the people that participate, into that people it effects. As a Christian I sometimes get so upset that we (as a group) judge way too much and love way too little. I feel that the gay community feels this quite a bit from the Christian community. Jesus loves them and so do I. This years AIDS Walk was amazing. It's been 5 years of Royal Oak Vineyard Church, being obedient and being involved. It hasn't always been easy but God did use us this year and it was so wonderful. We served hotdogs to over 500 people and had a rocking band and people stopped to eat and dance.
The next weekend following was the The Cause conference, which is a regional church planting conference for the Vineyard churches. Our church hosted and put on the conference. I lead the hospitality. And like me, I went beyond what I should have and wore myself out. I think it was a good conference from the moments I did get to see.
This week I have been so tired. I can't wait for Saturday. I am not doing anything, and I don't plan too. I can't wait.

No comments: