brown

Voting Rating: 5 / 8 votes

Monday, September 24, 2012

The Mute Prayer

The last few weeks I have spiritually and emoitonally been in an odd place. I feel like something is as the cusp of happening. That can be good and bad. I mean I have no idea what is on the horizon. And I have learned to not set too high of expecations one way or the other. I am not saying that's a good thing, having no or very low expectations, but it happens. I think after a while of waiting or thinking the next thing is the answer and it's not, we limit our expectations as not to be too let down. So being in this state of mind, I have had no idea what to pray for, or about. But that's okay. I like the scripture Romans 8:26-27 26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. It's so refreshing to know that we don't have to always know what to say or what to ask for. It's also nice to know that my low expectations do not limit God. So I have been just asking the Spirit of the Lord to move in me and to make me ready. And then I wait and listen.

No comments: