brown

Voting Rating: 5 / 8 votes

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Engaging Love

I had this idea all day for a blog post and well it's going to have to wait for another day because the Lord had another idea for me to write about and I am choosing to be obiedient. A few weeks ago the Lord brought to mind Romans 8 and I printed it and have had it on my desk at work since. Every few days I read it and it has been good. Today I was reminded of one my favorite scriptures. Romans 8:38 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Today what stuck out to me was the "neither the present nor the future..will be able to seperate us from the love of the Lord." I think we (this includes myself) can get caught up in past mistakes, or the choices we will make in the future of our lives. So many what if's keep us from fully expeirencing God's love. What if we laid those past mistakes and future decisions down and came to God saying "Lord this is who I am now, mistakes and flaws and all and I want to know you and experience your love now." I think at the moment we open a door that is ourselves and all allow the spirit of the Lord to enter. The last few days the Lord has been speaking to me and telling me that my fears and insecurities can not keep me from his love. And so often pain has seemed to keep me from engaging in his love. But I am not allowing that to block the joy he brings to me today. I hope this speaks to you and that you can lay down whatever it is that is standing in the way of you fully engaging and experiencing God's GREAT love for you!

No comments: