brown

Voting Rating: 5 / 8 votes

Monday, November 05, 2012

Find Your Kindness

There is this song by this really great worship band from Ireland called The Rend Collective Experiment called Find Your Kindness. I was listening to it about a month ago and it really hit me.


When did democracy
Become a paper chasing bureaucracy
All of our hands got tied and we don't know how to be kind
Put a face to a name a real person to the numbers game
I don't wanna hesitate anymore


I understand how we can all get really passionate about this coming election. We all have opinions on how and what ways are the best ways of doing things. I know I certainlly feel strongly about my beliefs. But the thing I have been noticing is we have allowed those beliefs to trump kindness towards one another. I wonder what things would look like if we spent as much energy on being kind towards one another as we do trying to pursuade one another that we are right.
There is this scripture that I have been saying over and over during this election season to myself.
Philipians 3:20-21
But there’s far more to life for us. We’re citizens of high heaven! We’re waiting the arrival of the Savior, the Master, Jesus Christ, who will transform our earthy bodies into glorious bodies like his own. He’ll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is putting everything as it should be, under and around him.


We may have many rulers on this earth, some we like, some we don't but if you call yourself a follower a Christ, our citizenship is in heaven first, and we all follow the same king.


So tomorrow and the next day and the day after that let us be reminded that we are to be light in the darkness, and lets spread some kindness to one another.

No comments: