brown

Voting Rating: 5 / 8 votes

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Piña colada Trifle

Okay, I have come up with a really easy, no bake, yummy summer dessert that I expect you all to try and report back to me on. Sorry that I don't have any pictures. I will take pictures the next time I make it, promise.

1 Sara Lee or Entemans pound cake or you can use about 20 lady fingers
some rum ( I say some because we all have different levels, I like a lot, about a cup)
1 large packet of vanilla instant pudding
3 cups of whole milk
2 cups of sweetened shreaded cocunut
1 can crushed pineapple
1 large container of cool whip

Poke holes in your cake with a toothpick and drizzle at least 2 shots of rum on the cake, and I like to add a little rum to the pudding, if you are using lady fingers dip the cookies in the rum in a pie dish.
Make the vanilla pudding with the 3 cups of milk and rum (optional) and mix in 1 1/2 cups of cocunt.
Layer the trifle with cake, pudding, pineapple, cool whip in that order, about 3 layers.
Toast the remaider 1/2 cup of cocunut and top trifle. You can also put some marcino cherries on top as well. Told you it was easy.
Oh and it doesn't matter what kind of rum you use, I use light or pineapple rum.

1 comment:

Zena and Joshua said...

sounding too good!