brown

Voting Rating: 5 / 8 votes

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Single and Satisfied

Last week my pastor started a sermon series on love and marriage. He started the series with a sermon called Single and Satisfied. It was very good. My friend who is single gave a "testimony" I guess you could call it that on how she has become single minded and focused on the Lord. In the sermon my pastor mentioned how as humans we tend to have a "the grass is greener" mentality. I think especially in America, it is so true. I love most things about my life. I really do. I love the freedom I have to do what I want when I want to for the most part. I mean there are limitations to everything. But if I want to go to Nashville next month and have the money to go, I can. I love how I have so many wonderful friends who I can spend a lot of time with and I can be very flexible with my schedule.

I also know that relationships are hard work, and I see people in marriages working really hard. I know that is what it takes, and to be honest sometimes I am grateful that I don't have to work that hard. This might not be a good thing, but it's true. Comprimise is hard to do when you don't have to do it that much.

There are some things that a relationship would bring that I wouldn't mind having, but for the most part the Lord fills those voids for me. I think no matter where we are in life, single, married, parents, we sometimes need to stop and think of what we have and be thankful. This single life of mine might end one day, and that is okay and it might not and that is okay. I am thankful that I am single and satisfied.

No comments: