brown

Voting Rating: 5 / 8 votes

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Mid Terms

I had my first test for VLI today. I was super nervous, but I think I did pretty good. I wanted to study more than I had time for. But in general I was pretty proud of myself for actually putting time into it when I had time available. I also kept a pretty good attitude about the test portion of the class.
Yesterday I had to lead a servant leadership project. My church is really great at reaching out to the community. Once a month we go to a mobile home community and hand out groceries. Yesterday me and my sister -n -law , niece and my friend Rebecca went and handed out pumpkins and candy. It seems kind of minimal to hand out pumpkins. But the smiles on the kids faces made it all worth while. Even some of the adults were really excited to receive a gift from us. We also got to talk to people and pray for some. One guy really felt like the Lord has been using us to speak love to him. It was a great time even if it did rain the whole time.
I am not sure if I would of done this project on my own if I didn't have to think of something. But now that I did it, I really want to continue to walk in this. It was a very neat time and cost little money and took 1 hour of my time. But the Lord used our willingness. I challenge you to think of creative ways to reach out to people in your community and let me know so I can bum some of your ideas!

No comments: